Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Friends in Need (and Not in Need)

It's been years since I last wrote an article in this blog. I didn't have any plans of doing so, not until I've decided to make a new blog and visit the old one, and I thought that maybe I can write about how I feel right now (because that's the very purpose why I made this blog). So here's how it goes...

I have these set of old friends who are very close to me. Just recently, we or I mean I, scheduled a mini get together with them last weekend and so I asked one of them to organize the said event as to when and where we'll go, what we're gonna do, and to plan every detail of this thing for I may be a bit over compulsive at times.

On the very day of this get together is also the day that I knew that my friends won't make it. Of course I was very frustrated that things didn't went according to plan and felt unimportant that they did not even cared to exert effort on showing up even just for a while or informed me (that they couldn't come) ahead of time.

I was very angry and from there on I said to myself that I don't want to see them again or even call them up so that they may feel what I felt. I wanted to take revenge and show deep anger towards my friends.

But not until this one rainy afternoon when I was talking to God and thinking about what happened, I thought about my friends and how they are doing. One is worrying about her job, one is working hard investing for his future, one is busy looking for a job, one is trying to finish his task for survive the day in the company, and one is, I guess, thinking of getting a job. All of them are struggling in this one thing, to work and survive in this world.

They have this fair reason why they were busy these days which reminds me that I'm not getting younger anymore. That sooner or later we'll have less time for each other and more for our future. But life isn't about just existing. We are not born to study, get a job, get married, have children and then die. We have a much greater purpose why we are here on earth.

We are meant to live, enjoy what life has to offer, spend time with our love ones, and most of all to glorify the One who created us all.

Some people are too busy planning for the future that they tend to forget how to live in the present.

There is a far more reason why You and I are here on earth.

It may take some time for us to understand things in life. Whatever the reason may be, I chose to forgive them as Christ forgave us our sins. I don't have the right to judge them anyway. No, I tell you it's not easy to forgive if you still have this feeling of anger in your heart. But forgiveness is a choice and anger is just a feeling, it will soon fade away. They are my friends and it's easier to forget what they did than to look for a new one. They did not intended to hurt me anyway, it's just me feeling too emotional too.

Try to understand others first rather than be understood because the world is not created just for you. Can I not understand them for what they are prioritizing right now? I am their friend so I should support them and respect their decision. If emotions still keep on arising then pause for a while. As what people say, do not make decisions when you're mad. The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? -Jeremiah 17:9 NIV

The greatest decisions in life are not made from the heart but from the wisdom given by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment